Please reference the full list of Brewmaster-related patch notes. I’ve updated it with relevant tweets, too.
Apr 4: Updated with more Tweets.
Brewmasters won’t see any sweeping changes because we’re already the best. But there were some small things. Go here for analysis and clarification.
- Hit, Expertise, Dodge, and Parry are gone (old news).
- Agility is changing to grant less attack power and dodge, and no longer provides crit.
- Brewmasters are losing Avert Harm, Clash, Power Guard, Disable, Healing Sphere, Stance of the Fierce Tiger, Grapple Weapon.
- Brewmasters gain Surging Mist (to compensate for the loss of Healing Sphere)
- Vengeance is replaced with Resolve, which will scale similarly and buff our heals (Expel Harm, talents, Gift of the Ox) and shields (Guard).
- (Draenor Perk) Improved Guard: Guard now has 2 charges.
- (Draenor Perk) Improved Stance of the Sturdy Ox: Increases the Stamina bonus of Stance of the Sturdy Ox by 20%.
- Level 100 talents haven’t changed much since Blizzcon.
I think most brewmaster glyphs are sort of boring, so I tried thinking of more interesting ones. The best glyphs come in one of two flavors:
- A small bonus that’s not required but occasionally useful (e.g. Glyph of Zen Meditation).
- A situational trade off (e.g. Glyph of Guard).
It’s been three years of blogging about my favorite leather tanks. I’ve been through two classes, three races, five guilds, and six realms in that time. I guess I’m a blog veteran now. The last year has been one of stability and growth for Sunnier’s Art of War. I think I can blame all that growth on Icy-Veins and my friends and readers who have graciously plugged me and my blog.
I haven’t completed my challenge mode set yet, but since Challenge Modes will be going away eventually I thought I’d share my notes with the rest of you.