- 10% physical damage reduction was moved from Demon Spikes to passive, making us more sturdy when Demon Spikes isn’t active. We also got a stamina buff to help manage burst.
- Metamorphosis was greatly buffed, and now offers an armor increase and guaranteed Soul Fragments from Shear.
- Many talents got rebalanced. Expect to re-evaluate most talent tiers, especially tier 7 (Last Resort, Demonic Infusion, Soul Barrier).
- Item level should be more important in deciding whether items, especially rings and necklaces, are an upgrade.
- Many lackluster legendaries got buffed.
Continue reading Vengeance 7.1.5 Survival Guide
The Legion is returning to Azeroth, and demon hunters are coming to hunt it down with Vengeance.
This is a guide for the first few weeks of Vengeance, before we unlock level 110. As demon hunters unlock their talents between 99 and 110, they only get to experience two talent rows while stuck at 100. This simplifies the class significantly, so we’ll be playing a very different class between August 9th and August 30th than we will soon after Legion launch.
Continue reading Vengeance Patch 7.0 Survival Guide
The Legion pre-patch brings chaos! And not just demons, but also the weird balance that results from gaining class changes while still missing key expansion-only components, like artifact weapons.
Continue reading Brewmaster Patch 7.0 Survival Guide
Between all the new progression and patch 5.1 (live today), it appears Blizzard’s purpose in life is to prevent me from writing timely boss guides.
Continue reading Brewmaster Patch 5.1 Survival Guide
According to MMO-Champion, patch 4.3 is coming this Tuesday. We don’t have any major changes coming our way, but here’s what to look out for.
Changes to Bears
Bear Form now provides a Stamina bonus of 20%, up from 10%.
This is a change to help us remain competitive among block-capping Paladins and Warriors. This increases stamina’s value to bears, though it is still not more valuable than agility for damage mitigation. In most cases, you should still gem agility, though Shifting Demonseyes will be even more attractive for those blue slots.
Continue reading A Sunnier Bear’s Survival Guide to 4.3