The short version of this week’s patch:
- Brewmasters will not be able to survive quite so easily due to reduced stagger.
- Shuffle and Purifying Brew are not nearly as important to survival as they used to be.
- Nerfs to Serenity and the reduced importance of Shuffle and Purifying Brew mean you should probably spec into Chi Explosion more often.
- Get Tier 18 ASAP. It’s really good.
- Stat priority is roughly the same as before.
- We’re still in a great spot, despite nerfs.
And now the details…
Continue reading “Brewmaster 6.2 Survival Guide”
I can’t say we weren’t expecting this. Brewmasters have often enjoyed being strong tanks, but never to the degree we saw in Blackrock Foundry. High Stagger, brought about by unexpectedly high gear levels and our own excellent mastery, allowed Brewmasters to overcome mechanics that were quite challenging to other tanking classes. We were breaking mechanics, tanking things that weren’t meant to be tanked, and shrugging off attacks that required externals cooldowns on other tanks. Something had to change. What we did not expect was the magnitude and location of those changes.
Continue reading “When We Have Shuffled off this Mortal Coil”
I’m still developing an opinion on these changes, so this post will be absent any theorizing. Today I’ll cover and clarify the objective changes to Brewmaster monks as of Tuesday, April 14th, and the subjective reactions will come later. (Feel free to post your own opinions in the comments, though.)
Also, it’s very likely the set bonuses and legendary ring will change, among other things (hopefully many things).
Continue reading “6.2 Brewmaster Patch Notes as of April 14th”