Soul Fragment management is key to excelling as Vengeance, and it’s almost entirely controlled by random events.
- Proc from:
- Shear, proc chance increased by:
- Artifact sub 50% hp, via Shatter the Souls
- Artifact Soul Carver
- Talent Fracture
- Talent Fallout
- Shear, proc chance increased by:
- Benefits from consuming with Soul Cleave:
- Heal with Soul Cleave
- Artifact Reduce damage by 3% for 4s per consumption, via Painbringer
- Artifact Chance for 5s Meta per consumption, via Fueled by Pain
- Talent Indirectly increases leach via Soul Rending.
- Talent Reduce the cooldown on Demon Spikes by 2s per fragment with Feed the Demon
- Talent Increases damage on Soul Cleave with Gluttony.
- Other ways to consume:
- Talent Spirit Bomb consumes one Soul Fragment and provides AoE leech in return.
- Talent Soul Barrier converts Soul Fragments into an absorption shield.
Painbringer, an artifact trait, heals you for 15% of the fire damage you deal. That makes many of your baseline, talented, and artifact abilities healing spells as well!
- Baseline Fire spells:
- Talents that increase fire damage:
- Abyssal Strike: Increases effect of Infernal Strike.
- Agonizing Flames: Increases effect of Immolation Aura.
- Felblade: Deals fire damage directly.
- Burning Alive: Increases effect of Fiery Brand and deals fire damage directly.
- Concentrated Sigils: Increases effeect of Sigil of Flame.
- Fel Devastation: Deals fire damage directly/
- Flame Crash: Increases effect of Sigil of Flame.
- Artifact Traits that increase fire damage:
- Fiery Demise: Increases fire damage while Fiery Brand is active.
- Demonic Flames: Increases duration of Fiery Brand.
- Infernal Force: Increases damage of Infernal Strike.
- Aura of Pain: Increases damage of Immolation Aura.
- Soul Carver: Deals fire damage directly.
Demon Spikes is Vengeance’s primary damage reduction active mitigation. It increases damage reduction by an amount based on mastery and increases chance to parry by 20% (baseline).
- Razor Spikes: Increases physical damage dealt while Demon Spikes is active.
- Defensive Spikes: Increases chance to parry up to 50% for the first 3 seconds after activation of Demon Spikes. (see section on Parry for additional benefits)
- Feed the Demon: Consuming Soul Fragments reduces the cooldown of Demon Spikes. (see section on Soul Fragments for more on generation/consumption)
Soul Cleave is our primary healing tool and consumes Soul Fragments.
- See section on Soul Fragments for benefits of consumption.
- Heals for an additional heal-over-time via Feast of Souls (talent).
- Heals for an additional 3% instantly via Devour Souls (artifact)
- Abilities that can be used more with increased Pain generation
- Soul Cleave, an instant heal that consumes Soul Fragments.
- Fracture (talent) to create two Soul Fragments.
- Abilities that consume Pain but are cooldown-limited
- Abilities that generate Pain:
- Taking damage
- Immolation Aura
- Felblade (talent)
- Parry, via Blade Turning (talent) (see Parry section for more information on Parry)
- Metamorphosis passively increases Pain generation. (See section on Metamorphosis for more information.)
- Increased by:
- Critical strike, via Riposte
- Demon Spikes
- Defensive Spikes (artifact)
- Aldrachi Design (artifact)
- Chance to avoid melee auto-attacks
- Increased Pain via Blade Turning (talent)
Fiery Brand is Vengeance’s primary damage reduction cooldown. It affects a single target, lasts 8 seconds, and reduces damage by 40%. It also deals fire damage to the enemy target.
- Spreads to multiple targets via Burning Alive (talent)
- Increases fire damage dealt to target via Fiery Demise (artifact) (see section on Fire Damage for abilities increased by this effect)
- Increases the duration via Demonic Flames (artifact)
- Heals via Painbringer.
Meta is our signature defensive ability, on a 3 minute cooldown, increasing max health and pain generation.
- Additional Benefits
- Even more increased max health via Embrace the Pain (artifact)
- Damage converted to healing via Soul Rending (talent)
- Additional Activation
- Upon Soul Fragment consumption via Fueled by Pain (artifact) (see section on Soul Fragments for more on consumption)
- Upon an attack that would otherwise kill you, via Last Resort (talent)