Apr 4: Updated with more Tweets.
Brewmasters won’t see any sweeping changes because we’re already the best. But there were some small things. Go here for analysis and clarification.
- Hit, Expertise, Dodge, and Parry are gone (old news).
- Agility is changing to grant less attack power and dodge, and no longer provides crit.
- Brewmasters are losing Avert Harm, Clash, Power Guard, Disable, Healing Sphere, Stance of the Fierce Tiger, Grapple Weapon.
- Brewmasters gain Surging Mist (to compensate for the loss of Healing Sphere)
- Vengeance is replaced with Resolve, which will scale similarly and buff our heals (Expel Harm, talents, Gift of the Ox) and shields (Guard).
- (Draenor Perk) Improved Guard: Guard now has 2 charges.
- (Draenor Perk) Improved Stance of the Sturdy Ox: Increases the Stamina bonus of Stance of the Sturdy Ox by 20%.
- Level 100 talents haven’t changed much since Blizzcon.
- Agility no longer provides an increased chance to critically strike with melee and ranged attacks or abilities.
- There is a new passive, named Critical Strikes, which increases chance to critically strike by 10%.
- It is learned by all Rogues, all Hunters, Feral and Guardian Druids, Brewmaster and Windwalker Monks, and Enhancement Shamans.
- Each point of Agility or Strength now grants 1 Attack Power (down from 2). All other sources of Attack Power now grant half as much as before.
- Weapon Damage values on all weapons have been reduced by 20%.
- Attack Power now increases Weapon Damage at a rate of 1 DPS per 3.5 Attack Power (up from 1 DPS per 14 Attack Power).
- Attack Power, Spell Power, or Weapon Damage now affect the entire healing or damage throughput of player spells.
- The amount of Dodge gained per point of Agility has been reduced by 25%.
The amount of Parry gained per point of Strength has been reduced by 25%.
All players now have a 100% chance to hit, 0% chance to be dodged, 3% chance to be parried, and 0% chance to glance, when fighting creatures up to 3 levels higher (bosses included).
- Tank specializations receive an additional 3% reduction in chance to be parried, so tank attacks have a 0% chance to be parried vs. creatures up to 3 levels higher.
- Dual Wielding still imposes a 17% chance to miss, so as to balance it with two-handed weapon use.
- Stance of the Sturdy Ox now also reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.
- Avert Harm has been removed.
- Clash has been removed.
- Power Guard has been removed.
- Disable is now available only to Windwalker Monks.
- Healing Sphere (the spell, not any other sources of healing spheres) has been removed. Mistweavers’ Gift of the Serpent, Brewmasters’ Gift of the Ox, and Windwalkers’ Afterlife still summon healing spheres.
- Surging Mist is now available to all Monk specializations. It costs 30 Energy in Ox or Tiger Stance, and continues to cost mana in Serpent Stance and Crane Stance. However, it only generates Chi for Mistweaver Monks.
- Stance of the Sturdy Ox now replaces Stance of the Fierce Tiger for Brewmaster Monks. (meaning tiger stance is essentially gone for us)
- Glyph of Breath of Fire’s Disoriented effect now shares Diminishing Returns with all other Mesmerize effects.
- Grapple Weapon has been removed.
- Ring of Peace no longer Silences or Disarms enemies. It now incapacitates targets in the area for 3 seconds, or until the target takes damage. The ability now shares Diminishing Returns with all other Mesmerize effects.
- Spear Hand Strike no longer Silences the target if they’re facing the Monk.
Buffs and Debuffs
- Weakened Blows was a debuff that mattered almost exclusively to tanks, and that every tank automatically applied. We removed the debuff and reduced creature damage to compensate.
- Brewmaster Monks now also learn Legacy of the White Tiger, granting 5% increased Critical Strike chance to all Party and Raid members.
Vengeance / Resolve
- Vengeance has been removed and replaced with a new passive ability, Resolve.
- Resolve: Increases your healing and absorption done to yourself, based on Stamina and damage taken (before avoidance and mitigation) in the last 10 seconds.
- Mastery: Elusive Brawler now also passively increases Attack Power by 12% (percentage increased by Mastery), in addition to its current effects.
- Brewmasters no longer deal 15% less damage.
Miscellaneous Brewmaster Changes
- When a player runs through multiple Healing Spheres at once, only as many as needed to heal the player to full health will be consumed (instead of all of them if the player is injured at all).
- Transcendence: Transfer no longer has an energy or mana cost.
- Touch of Death is now usable on targets that have 10% or less health remaining, or have less current health than your maximum health. The rules against players remain unchanged.
- Glyph of Leer of the Ox now also causes Black Ox Statue to passively pulse a minor amount of threat to all enemies within 30 yards.
- Enhanced Roll: Your Roll now travels the same distance in 25% less time.
- Improved Breath of Fire: Your Breath of Fire spell now always applies its damage over time effect to the target.
- Improved Guard: Guard now has 2 charges.
- Improved Dizzying Haze: Dizzying Haze no longer has an energy cost.
- Enhanced Transcendence: The cooldown of Transcendence is lowered by 35 sec, and Transcendence: Transfer is now instant cast.
- Empowered Blackout Kick: Damage of Blackout Kick increased by 20%.
- Empowered Keg Smash: Damage of Keg Smash increased by 20%.
- Improved Elusive Brew: Elusive Brew now increases dodge chance by an additional 5%.
- Improved Stance of the Sturdy Ox: Increases the Stamina bonus of Stance of the Sturdy Ox by 20%.
Level 100 Talents
- Soul Dance: You are now able to shrug off even spells, such that 30% of your normal stagger amount works against magic damage.
- Chi Explosion: Consumes up to 4 Chi to cause the target to explode with Chi energy, causing additional effects based on Chi consumed:
- 1+ Chi: Deals Nature damage to an enemy equal to XXXX plus XXXX per Chi consumed.
- 2+ Chi: You also gain Shuffle for 2 sec plus 2 sec per Chi consumed.
- 3+ Chi: Also purifies all of your staggered damage.
- 4 Chi: The damage also hits all enemies within 8 yards of the target.
- Replaces Blackout Kick.
- Chi Serenity: You enter an elevated state of mental and physical serenity for 10 sec. While in this state, all Chi consumptions are instantly refilled.
- Clarification on Touch of Death changes, it retains its long cooldown, it deals damage equal to your max health.
- General reminder that none of the +/- number changes are in yet.
- Surging Mist won’t be instant.
- Avert Harm and other tank cooldowns were removed to put raid survival back in the hands of healers. More news of this (likely pertaining to dps raid cooldowns) coming soon..
- Clash was cut because it was redundant and often overshadowed our signature ability, Roll.
- Disable is gone because we never used it.