The first beta build! We’re still missing quite a bit of information, but I’m cataloging it all the same. All data and pictures are from Wowhead
Note that each model seems to be available in a color scheme that matches one of the four August Celestials: orange for Niuzao the ox, red for Chi-Ji the crane, green for Yu’lon the serpent, and blue for Xuen the tiger.
Numbers are more than useless right now, so focus on the overall effects and nothing more. Also, the devs have stressed many times that what we’re seeing is incomplete. Some spells might be gone that aren’t listed as such, some old ones might return, some new ones might be revealed. This is just what we know right now in this infinitesimally insignificant point in time.
New and Returning Skills
- Tiger Palm: Merged with Jab, now costs energy, reduces remaining cooldown on brews by 1s.
- Blackout Kick: No longer has a chi cost for Brewmasters, shares cooldown with Breath of Fire. Implied in the class preview that it would be called “Blackout Strike” for us.
- Effuse: Renamed from “Surging Mist”.
- Keg Smash: Now reduces the remaining cooldown on your Brews by 4 sec.
- Breath of Fire: Now shares a cooldown with Blackout Kick/Strike.
- Zen Pilgrimage: Down to a 1min cooldown. Identical in functionality to all the other class hall teleport skills.
- Ironskin Brew: Brand new, increases your Stagger amount by an additional 60% for 6 sec, shares charges with Purifying Brew.
- Gift of the Ox: Now heals for 25% health, has a higher chance to proc the lower your health.
- Purifying Brew: Now shares charges with Ironskin Brew.
- Unchanged: Roll, Stagger, Provoke, Fortifying Brew, Spear Hand Strike, Crackling Jade Lightning, Paralysis, Zen Meditation, Transcendence
- Jab: merged with Tiger Palm
- Stance of the Sturdy Ox: now default with spec
- Resuscitate: now Mistweaver only.
- Touch of Death: now Windwalker only.
- Expel Harm
- Leer of the Ox
- Spinning Crane Kick
- Zen Sphere
- Nimble Brew
- Guard: now in PvP only as a talent
Link to Wowhead Talent Builder
Tier 3 – Level 45 – Brew Resources
Tier 4 – Level 60 – AoE Control
Tier 7 – Level 100 – Passive Defense
Link to Wowhead PvP Talent Calculator
Many of these legendary bonuses don’t make much sense. Some are classified as leather even though they benefit non-leather-wearers, some are classified as consumable. Take with an extra large grain of salt. Beyond lies funkiness.
Immediately relevant to brewmaster monks:
- Grovewalkers: leather boots, “Equip: While you remain stationary, deep roots seep into the ground every 3 sec. granting you 50000 healing every 3 sec. stacking up to 10 times.”
- Bramble Helm of Shala’drassil: leather helm, “Equip: An additional 0% of healing recieved from other allies is applied over 8 seconds.”
- Verjas, Protectors of the Berserker Kings: leather bracers, “Equip: The duration of Stagger is increased by 40%.”
- Thornbraces: consumable? bracers, “Equip: When you Dodge, Parry, or Block an incoming attack your next autoattack deals 150% increased damage.”
- The Haugbuir: leather boots, “Equip: Upon taking fatal damage, you are returned to full health but deal 40% less damage and healing for 30 seconds. Can only occur once every 3 minutes.”
- Cinidaria: leather belt, “Equip: Your special attack critical strikes have a chance to increase the Haste of you and a nearby ally by 40 for 6 seconds.”
- Aman’Thul’s Stride: consumable? boots, “Equip: When a non-Tank ally within 40 yards of you takes direct melee damage, you gain 100% movement speed for 4 sec.”
- Collar of the Lifebinder: consumable? helm, “Use: 50 of damage you take for the next 6 seconds is instead split amongst enemies within 10 yards of you. (3 Min Cooldown)”
- Nightmare Strands: consumable? bracers, “Equip: Your taunt effects now last 15 seconds, and increase all damage you deal to affected targets by 10%.”
- Helztstone: ring, “Equip: You have a 10% chance to ignore any damage taken.”
- Boots of Wondrous Rapidity: leather boots, “Equip: Your Speed is increased by a portion of your Haste.”
Possibly of interest to brewmaster monks:
- Soulcaster: intellect neck, “Use: Teleport to the location of a friendly player within 50 yards. (3 Min Cooldown)”
- Nochtadh, Footpads of the Deft Assasin: agility boots, “Equip: Your attacks have a chance to reveal a weakness in your opponent’s defenses. While attacking from the weak side, you deal X% increased damage to the target.”
- Platinum Repose: cloak, “Use: Restore a dead target to life with 60% health and 20% mana. Usable in combat. (10 Min Cooldown)”
- Mantle of Ashildir: cloak, “Equip: Charm an enemy creature that has less maximum health than you.”
- Mantle of Flames: strength cloak, “Equip: All enemies within 5 yards of you suffer 5000 Fire damage each second.”